We would like to report the termination today of multiple accounts held by players involved in the usage of third-party tools or cheats, or engaged in RMT (Real Money Trading) activities.
Based on the results of our investigation, around 6,860 PlayOnline accounts were terminated while around 990 accounts were temporarily suspended.
Additionally, we have increased the number of mass bannings against certain PlayOnline violations in order to prevent illegal acts.
Details of the violations are as follows:
- Usage of tools that allow enhanced character movement.
April 1, Approx. 270 cases
April 11, Approx. 350 cases
- Usage of tools that circumvent game mechanics with respect to the timing of ability use, etc. in certain areas or at points where Notorious Monsters appear.
April 23, Approx. 30 cases
- Using cheats to automatically repeat a particular action.
March 26, Approx. 610 cases
April 4, Approx. 560 cases
April 9, Approx. 660 cases
April 16, Approx. 460 cases
- Gil and item exchange for real world money.
Week of March 30, Approx. 250 cases
Week of April 6, Approx. 210 cases
Week of April 13, Approx. 590 cases
Week of April 20, Approx. 630 cases
- Instances of areas or monster monopolization.
March 27, Approx. 190 cases
April 10, Approx. 100 cases
- Usage of synthesis and auction houses for RMT activities.
March 26, Approx. 390 cases
April 1, Approx. 460 cases
April 7, Approx. 600 cases
April 14, Approx. 590 cases
April 21, Approx. 810 cases
- Accounts from people that were previously confirmed to have RMT connections, or that had violated the user agreements but re-subscribed to PlayOnline.
April 16, Approx. 90 cases
The termination of these accounts has led to the removal of approximately 4.1 billion gil from circulation.
We would like to remind players that as well as adversely affecting game balance, the use of third-party tools or cheats can also have consequences that are not immediately obvious, such as introducing damaging viruses, and comprising the security of private account details. Usage of third-party tools will not be tolerated within FINAL FANTASY XI, and we will continue to severely penalize any players found to be in violation of the PlayOnline Member Agreement.
As we continue to ensure a fun and balanced environment for FINAL FANTASY XI, we hope that our players enjoy the game as it was intended and take care to avoid involvement in activities that violate the PlayOnline Member Agreement.